In raising funding, valuation is a key number the CEO and investor must come to agree with.
As a startup you must determine your target valuation. There are several methods. One method is called Step up Valuation
It uses ten factors. Each factor adds $250K to the valuation
To calculate your total pre-money valuation add $ 250,000 for each:
– Total market size over $500M
– Business model scales well
– Founders have significant experience
– More than 1 founder committed full-time
– MVP developed, customer development underway
– Business model validated by paying customers
– Significant industry partnerships signed
– Execution roadmap developed and being achieved
– IP issued or technology protected
– Competitive environment favorable
You may give partial credit for items that have some progress made.
Thank you for joining us for the Startup Funding Espresso where we help startups and investors connect for funding.
Let’s go startup something today!
Copyright (c) 2018, Hall Martin and investorconnect.org. All rights reserved.
NOTE: Investor Connect is a program under the Texas Open Angel Network which is a 501(c3) non-profit dedicated to the education around startup funding. Hall Martin is the principal contact, and may be reached at http://www.investorconnect.org/contact.
Hall T. Martin is the Director of Investor Connect which is 501c3 non-profit dedicated to the education of investors for early stage funding. All opinions expressed by Hall and podcast guests are solely their own opinions and do not reflect the opinion of Investor Connect. This podcast is for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon as a basis for investment decisions.