There are several tools for the corporate VC to use in a venturing program.
Here’s a list to consider:
– Hackathon – invite those in the industry or area to participate in a coding challenge to solve a particular problem.
– Shared resources – provide the community with a set of tools and data sets and invite open community collaboration.
– Challenge prize – offer a cash prize for the winner of a competition.
– Corporate venture capital – offer investments into startups that meet specific criteria.
– Commercial incubators – set up a partnership with incubators to provide support in exchange for access to deal flow.
– Internal incubators – set up an internal incubator and invite employees and partners to participate.
– Strategic partnership – set up partner programs with accelerators, venture capitalists, and other groups to provide deal flow.
– M&A program – set up a program for acquiring companies and onboarding into the corporation.
Consider augmenting your corporate venture fund with these tools and activities.
Thank you for joining us for the Startup Funding Espresso where we help startups and investors connect for funding.
Let’s go startup something today.
Thank you for joining your host Hall T. Martin with the Startup Funding Espresso — your daily shot of startup funding and investing.
For more episodes from Investor Connect, please visit the site at: http://investorconnect.org
Check out our other podcasts here: https://investorconnect.org/
For Investors check out: https://tencapital.group/investor-landing/
For Startups check out: https://tencapital.group/company-landing/
For eGuides check out: https://tencapital.group/education/
For upcoming Events, check out https://tencapital.group/events/
For Feedback please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Music courtesy of Bensound
Copyright (c) 2021, Hall Martin and investorconnect.org. All rights reserved.
Hall T Martin is the director of Investor Connect, which is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to the education of investors for early-stage funding. All opinions expressed by Hall and podcast guests are solely their own opinions and do not reflect the opinion of Investor Connect. This podcast is for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon for the basis of investment decisions.