So how do you know when to pull the trigger and invest in a startup?
After applying the investment thesis, check for the following:
– There’s a strong team with integrity, industry knowledge, and business experience.
– They have product validation and market validation – the product works and people will pay for it.
– They have the prospects for high growth and are demonstrating it at some level now.
– Their business is scalable.
– They are building a business that other companies will want to buy – eventually.
– The potential return is large, so the investor can reach a 44% IRR or better.
Finally, you can help the startup in some way such as finding other investors, providing domain knowledge, or making other meaningful connections for the startup.
Thank you for joining us for the Startup Funding Espresso where we help startups and investors connect for funding.
Let’s go startup something today.
Thank you for joining your host Hall T. Martin with the Startup Funding Espresso — your daily shot of startup funding and investing.
For more episodes from Investor Connect, please visit the site at: http://investorconnect.org
Check out our other podcasts here: https://investorconnect.org/
For Investors check out: https://tencapital.group/investor-landing/
For Startups check out: https://tencapital.group/company-landing/
For eGuides check out: https://tencapital.group/education/
For upcoming Events, check out https://tencapital.group/events/
For Feedback please contact email@example.com
Music courtesy of Bensound
Copyright (c) 2021, Hall Martin and investorconnect.org. All rights reserved.
Hall T Martin is the director of Investor Connect, which is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to the education of investors for early-stage funding. All opinions expressed by Hall and podcast guests are solely their own opinions and do not reflect the opinion of Investor Connect. This podcast is for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon for the basis of investment decisions.