Jonathan Crowder of Intelis Capital
In this episode, Hall is joined by Jonathan Crowder of Intelis Capital. Jonathan is a founding partner of Intelis Capital and a member of its investment committee. Jonathan serves in all aspects of the firm’s operations, with particular focus on developing investment theses, creation of internal processes and systems, sourcing potential investments, providing operational and strategic support to portfolio companies. Jonathan speaks about his start and growing up in a family full of entrepreneurs after his dad took a shot at opening a software company which led him to take a different route in business rather than a traditional corporate job. He talks about his path after attending SMU in Dallas to his current day at Intelis Capital. In this interview you’ll also learn his thoughts on
- Thesis driven investors
- Healthcare, education, and real estate and how they are at historical lows in productivity growth and ripe for expansion.
- The differentiating factor of success in startups is a deep understanding of the customer problem and not cutting edge technology.
- How Intelis invests in underserved ecosystems.
- His focus on geographies including Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, Nashville, Research Triangle, Atlanta, and potentially others.
- His focus on tech-enabled companies.
- His thoughts on internal value principle- every time they meet with an entrepreneur they should get some value from it.
You can find Intelis Capital at https://www.inteliscapital.com/en
Jonathan can be reached on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathan-crowder-43363017/
For more information about Investor Connect or Hall T. Martin, please visit the site at: www.InvestorConnect.org.
Copyright (c) 2018, Hall Martin and investorconnect.org. All rights reserved.
NOTE: Investor Connect is a program under the Texas Open Angel Network which is a 501(c3) non-profit dedicated to the education around startup funding. Hall Martin is the principal contact, and he may be reached at http://www.investorconnect.org/contact.