Board members are a key part of a growing startup.
Building out the board is an important step in setting up the company for success.
Here are some characteristics of an ideal board member:
– They come prepared to the meetings having read the material and done their research.
– They have an open dialog with the CEO and other board members in between the board meetings.
– They understand the CEO and adjust their approach accordingly.
– They make efficient use of time with short and to-the-point questions and discussions.
– They prioritize and focus on the important things.
– They encourage others to participate and speak.
– They follow up after the board meeting to make things happen.
Finally, they have experience and steadiness in times of crisis.
Thank you for joining us for the Startup Funding Espresso where we help startups and investors connect for funding.
Let’s go startup something today.
Thank you for joining your host Hall T. Martin with the Startup Funding Espresso — your daily shot of startup funding and investing.
For more episodes from Investor Connect, please visit the site at: http://investorconnect.org
Check out our other podcasts here: https://investorconnect.org/
For Investors check out: https://tencapital.group/investor-landing/
For Startups check out: https://tencapital.group/company-landing/
For eGuides check out: https://tencapital.group/education/
For upcoming Events, check out https://tencapital.group/events/
For Feedback please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright (c) 2020, Hall Martin and investorconnect.org. All rights reserved.
Hall T Martin is the director of Investor Connect, which is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to the education of investors for early-stage funding. All opinions expressed by Hall and podcast guests are solely their own opinions and do not reflect the opinion of Investor Connect. This podcast is for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon for the basis of investment decisions.