Hello, this is Hall T. Martin with the Startup Funding Espresso — your daily shot of startup funding and investing.
The fund manager provides a quarterly report to the Limited Partners.
The reports typically contain the following sections:
1) Fund Manager Commentary — the fund manager provides an overview of the current news and trends related to the fund.
2) Performance — this includes the financial performance metrics such as total committed capital, capital called to date, total LP contributions, and summary information about the portfolio.
3) Total Value to Paid-in Capital — the total market value of all the companies in the portfolio plus total LP distributions, divided by the total amount of money paid into the fund.
4) Internal Rate of Return — a discount rate that makes the net present value (NPV) of all cash flows from a particular project equal to zero.
5) Distributions to Paid-in Capital — a ratio of the total market value remaining in a fund compared to total paid-in capital.
6) Portfolio Company Updates — name and description of the company, percent owned, date of initial investment, exit date, total capital invested, current cost, realized proceeds and carrying value.
7) Financial Statements such as Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement.
Thank you for joining us for the Startup Funding Espresso where we help startups and investors connect for funding.
Let’s go startup something today.
For more episodes from Investor Connect, please visit the site at: http://investorconnect.org
Check out our other podcasts here: https://investorconnect.org/
For Investors check out: https://tencapital.group/investor-landing/
For Startups check out: https://tencapital.group/company-landing/
For eGuides check out: https://tencapital.group/education/
For upcoming Events, check out https://tencapital.group/events/
For Feedback please contact email@example.com
Copyright (c) 2020, Hall Martin and investorconnect.org. All rights reserved.
Hall T Martin is the director of Investor Connect, which is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to the education of investors for early-stage funding. All opinions expressed by Hall and podcast guests are solely their own opinions and do not reflect the opinion of Investor Connect. This podcast is for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon for the basis of investment decisions.