Running a startup is hard work.
The team must work long hours and often at low pay. This can wear down the team.
The CEO should monitor the employees for burnout.
Burnout can be caused by several factors:
– Work overload — too much work and too little time to do it leaves employees feeling unaccomplished.
– Lack of control — with little to no say about how the work should be done and who they work for, employees can feel trapped.
– Insufficient rewards — with pay at the minimum wage level, employees often feel underpaid.
– Breakdown of community — if one feels left out of the group, then the employee feels a lack of belonging.
– Absence of fairness — if the employee feels they are being treated unfairly, then their commitment will wane.
– Value conflict — if the employee feels the company’s values don’t align with their own, they’ll feel they are not part of the company.
Employees suffering from burnout exhibit signs of exhaustion, cynicism, and apathy.
It’s important to watch out for signs of burnout.
Thank you for joining us for the Startup Funding Espresso where we help startups and investors connect for funding.
Let’s go startup something today.
Thank you for joining your host Hall T. Martin with the Startup Funding Espresso — your daily shot of startup funding and investing.
For more episodes from Investor Connect, please visit the site at: http://investorconnect.org
Check out our other podcasts here: https://investorconnect.org/
For Investors check out: https://tencapital.group/investor-landing/
For Startups check out: https://tencapital.group/company-landing/
For eGuides check out: https://tencapital.group/education/
For upcoming Events, check out https://tencapital.group/events/
For Feedback please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Music courtesy of Bensound.
Copyright (c) 2021, Hall Martin and investorconnect.org. All rights reserved.
Hall T Martin is the director of Investor Connect, which is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to the education of investors for early-stage funding. All opinions expressed by Hall and podcast guests are solely their own opinions and do not reflect the opinion of Investor Connect. This podcast is for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon for the basis of investment decisions.