In working with an advisor for your startup, look for these characteristics:
– The advisor has first-hand experience in the industry, running a business, closing sales, and more.
– They listen and can relate your problems to actionable solutions.
– They have been through the same challenges and experiences as you are going through.
– They ask meaningful questions and probe to get to the bottom of things.
– They understand you and can motivate you.
– They have opinions and share them even if those opinions are not popular.
– They devote the time to the advisory work.
– They are effective communicators. They are articulate and can persuade.
– They can help set goals with actionable steps.
– They bring a network of investors, other advisors, and collaborators.
– They respect the opinions of others.
– They have passion for their work.
If you don’t see these things in a potential advisor, you may want to reconsider.
Thank you for joining us for the Startup Funding Espresso where we help startups and investors connect for funding.
Let’s go startup something today.
Thank you for joining your host Hall T. Martin with the Startup Funding Espresso — your daily shot of startup funding and investing.
For more episodes from Investor Connect, please visit the site at: http://investorconnect.org
Check out our other podcasts here: https://investorconnect.org/
For Investors check out: https://tencapital.group/investor-landing/
For Startups check out: https://tencapital.group/company-landing/
For eGuides check out: https://tencapital.group/education/
For upcoming Events, check out https://tencapital.group/events/
For Feedback please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Music courtesy of Bensound
Copyright (c) 2021, Hall Martin and investorconnect.org. All rights reserved.
Hall T Martin is the director of Investor Connect, which is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to the education of investors for early-stage funding. All opinions expressed by Hall and podcast guests are solely their own opinions and do not reflect the opinion of Investor Connect. This podcast is for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon for the basis of investment decisions.