Best Practices for Crowdfunding Campaigns
In running an equity crowdfunding campaign, include these best practices:
1. Tell a story — show how you came up with the idea for the product and how customers and partners validate it.
2. Prepare your investor network — build a list of potential investors who you can pursue.
3. Demonstrate support — start with your family and friends and use their investment to demonstrate investor support.
4. Use multiple channels — use several communication channels such as email, social media, and events to showcase your campaign.
5. Provide updates — keep the investors informed about progress with your campaign and company including information on sales, team, product, and fundraise.
6. Generate press coverage — find a writer for a publication and work with them to capture your campaign into their bigger story.
7. Include visuals — use imagery, including photos and videos. Images convey a great deal more information than words alone.
8. Understand your investor — test your campaign with investors you know to gauge what interests them and what they find compelling.
9. Plan the campaign — prepare your campaign from start to finish. You may need to add more steps as you go, but start the fundraise with a complete plan.
Thank you for joining us for the Startup Funding Espresso where we help startups and investors connect for funding.
Let’s go startup something today.
Thank you for joining your host Hall T. Martin with the Startup Funding Espresso — your daily shot of startup funding and investing.
For more episodes from Investor Connect, please visit the site at: http://investorconnect.org
Check out our other podcasts here: https://investorconnect.org/
For Investors check out: https://tencapital.group/investor-landing/
For Startups check out: https://tencapital.group/company-landing/
For eGuides check out: https://tencapital.group/education/
For upcoming Events, check out https://tencapital.group/events/
For Feedback please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow, share, and leave a review.
Music courtesy of Bensound.
Copyright (c) 2022, Hall Martin and investorconnect.org. All rights reserved.
Hall T Martin is the director of Investor Connect, which is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to the education of investors for early-stage funding. All opinions expressed by Hall and podcast guests are solely their own opinions and do not reflect the opinion of Investor Connect. This podcast is for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon for the basis of investment decisions.